Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pioneer Woman

Although her blog is wildly popular, I wasn't really familiar with The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummund, until I found her cookbook while browsing Barnes & Noble with my husband and son on a recent Saturday morning.







I love Ree's story of how she met her Marlboro Man and he rescued her from the hectic pace of city life in exchange for life on a ranch.  Our lives seem impossibly different as I live in the 4th largest city in the U.S. and she lives in a small town ranch.  But I just enjoy her so much!  Not to mention that she is a photographer with amazing talent for capturing beautiful real-life images.  Her tutorials are awesome too.



This weekend I recorded and watched her new show on Food Network.  She cooked the kind of food that I know my husband wishes I would cook for him (chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes - with lots of butter - and gravy from the grease drippings, and sausage breakfast sandwiches).   I think it would make my hubby so happy, so I'm gonna surprise him and cook it for him this week:)





Did you catch the show too?  What did you think?