Sunday, August 28, 2011

Upholstered Headboard

Our bedroom is on my list of rooms in our house that I'd really like to revamp.  We brought to our new home the furniture we had in our old townhouse and it doesn't reflect the look I'd like to achieve, so some changes are in order.  



I plan to replace our dark square leather headboard for a curved upholstered headboard.  I think it will soften the room and give it a more romantic, peaceful quality that I'm after.





The leather club chair and ottoman need to go too.




The bedroom below from Love This Life is one of my favorites.   I love the monochromatic look that is still interesting.  The gorgeous paneled ceiling and floor to ceiling windows don't hurt either!





The Ashley Goforth designed bedroom is another one of my favorites.




And I've always admired this peek at the bedroom below.




I've seen some gorgeous DIY upholstered headboards, but I'm not that ambitious, so I've been searching the different varieties for sale.  We have a king bed, so that's what I've been looking for.











I'm leaning towards the High Fashion Home one because it's not just the headboard, and it also has nailhead trim.  But I'm not crazy about the price.  What do you think?