Friday, September 7, 2012

Our Fall Table (2012)

This year, a burlap covered wire basket was the initial inspiration for our fall table.  I love the rustic and country feel, and was so happy to find it at Michaels 50% off- and they had several sizes.  This medium-sized one perfectly holds an assortment of mini pumpkins and apples in beautiful fall colors.











This bundle of wheat grass is my "floral arrangement" for the table.  The texture is so cool and it fit inside a glass serving bowl.









The only other "new" thing I got for the table were the amber colored glasses, also from Homegoods for about $3 each.  I shopped my house for the gold runner (from Z Gallerie) our everyday cream dinner plates, rust colored napkins and gold silverware.  I also added some fun votive holders- candlelight is my favorite at dinner.  










I thought the feathers were a fun, unexpected fall touch to dress up the plates.  















Ideally, this would be a Thanksgiving table, but Thanksgiving isn't until November! So I think this table may just be for a Sunday family dinner soon.  The table is in our "formal" dining room, that barely gets used, so I'm looking forward to eating here and actually using this space!





















You can visit The Lettered Cottage for more Fall Tablescape Ideas.