Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Updates to Our Entryway


Thank you for all the sweet and supportive comments the last couple of days regarding my upcoming venture into the health and fitness arena- I really appreciate it.  I've been writing and photographing a lot lately, and hope to have the blog live soon.  In the meantime, my house got an update to the entry way recently.  





I'd had my eye out forever for a large leaning mirror.  I wrote about it back in July 2011, when our entry looked like this (and we had no dining room drapes or rug yet)!










A leaning mirror from Restoration Hardware finally won out.  It's huge (43 inches wide x 90 inches tall).  I love the subtle curves (kind of reminds me of a headboard), natural wood, and how it opens the space and reflects the staircase from this angle. 















After living with our new rug for a few weeks, I really like it.  It shed a bit at first but seems to have stopped now.  It's the Moroccan-style Beni Ourian rug from Pottery Barn.














The smaller, rectangular mirror opposite the leaning mirror will be replaced with a piece of art, but I've just started looking and haven't found the piece yet. 










My favorite part of the entry way is the DIY LOVE art though.  Go HERE to see how I did it.  (The picture below is with our previous rug- an indoor/outdoor rug from Home Decorators).










* * * * * 


Also, I wanted to let you know about exciting news from one of my favorite interior design teams, Casey Grace Design.  You probably know one of the designers, Courtney, from her beautiful blog, A Thoughtful Place.  
























In addition to their regular design services, Casey Grace Design is now offering two new services:  





(1) Just 4 Things- where they will recommend four items to revamp your room (perfect for when you just want to change up a few things for a whole new look); and 





(2) Spruce Our Space- where they will provide you with a virtual consultation.  You just email them some photos of your room, and within three days they will email you back with a written description of how to arrange your furniture, ways to incorporate color and pattern and suggestions on accessorizing the space with decorative items and wall art. 





Go check out Casey Grace Design- you will fall in l o v e !