Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dough Bowl

I've had my eye on a dough bowl for quite some time now.  I love the shape and simplicity of these rustic looking bowls.  I was trying to find a good deal on a large size for our kitchen island or breakfast table.



I had pinned a few from etsy, but then, imagine my surprise when I was at our annual holiday Nutcracker market and I stumbled upon rows and rows of the infamous bowls.  I was with my girlfriend and she had no idea what I was getting so excited about- she's all a "dough what?"



The one I chose is pretty large (36x10 inches) and was $75 after tax.  It's from Paul Michael Company. The giant glass lamps I left behind are still haunting me, but that's another story.













For Thanksgiving, I've got pinecones (a few embellished with gold spray paint), faux green apples and real manderin oranges in mine.  










I love seeing how other people use their dough bowls to hold everything from crayons (Emily A. Clark)



















to pumpkins (Sand & Sisal)










I can see them getting decked out with a little faux snow, some bright red berries, and greenery come this weekend!





* * * * *