Monday, November 26, 2012

The Reason for the Season

Hi everyone!  I hope you are rested and ready for the holiday season! We had a nice Thanksgiving split between two families/houses with way too much awesome food.  The long break was great and I'm really excited for the upcoming weeks.  On Friday, I avoided the stores and opted to stay inside, cleaning house and pulling out the Christmas decor.   We are making use of what we have this year, buying just a few more ornaments for the tree in lime green (a color I didn't already have).  And we bought a mini (3 foot) real tree for James' room.  It was really fun to see him run around the tree lot and then have him help put on the ornaments.  He said the tree looked "beautiful" when lit up with all the white lights!



James also helped me unpack and display our Nativity.  I love this Nativity scene (from Costco).  It's rather large and the detail in each piece is lovely.  I got to explain to James why we celebrate Christmas and to remind myself also.



























Wishing you a happy and blessed holiday season. 





* * * * *