Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Costume & Blog Announcement


First, let me apologize for having to truncate my posts (causing readers to have to click the somewhat annoying "read more" to read the post in its entirety) because my blog content has been stolen by some unidentified person with a domain registered in India.  Thank you Leanne for letting me know- I had no idea.  Back in August 2012, several well-known bloggers started truncating their posts because "scraper sites" had been stealing their blog content.  I never worried about my content being stolen and didn't want my readers to have to deal with that extra step of having to click a link to read the whole post, so I never did that with mine (and I still read truncated blogs). But I have chosen to truncate now too.  My health blog- every word and photo has been scraped and is now appearing as original content on another blog.  So annoying! And the worst part is, I haven't yet figured out what I can do about it.  So, I just wanted to explain why I'm now also truncating my posts here- apparently this makes it much harder for the thieves to copy the content.  I'm happy to share by blog posts and photos with links back to my blog and credit given, but this is completely different.  I hope you'll keep reading even with the truncation.  My apologies!     





* * * * * 





So as not to give any more energy to that unfortunate situation, I'm turning my attention to Halloween which is, yikes, tomorrow! 













We went to a costume party over the weekend at our friends' block party. They do it up right every year with hay rides, bounce houses, slides, DJ, delicious food (Greek this time) and drinks.  Everyone (including and especially the kids) have a blast. 





My little storm trooper didn't know what to think of a brunette mama at first. :) So fun to get to look different for a night!  I got my costume at a local store in Houston, Frankels, but also found it on Amazon HERE.  THIS looks like the wig I found. 





Have a fun and safe Halloween!  







* * * * * 





On Honey We're Healthy I'm sharing some tips to help you finish 2013 healthy and strong including two of my go-to healthy recipes.





I also shared my pregnancy weight loss journey on the great website What To Expect.  If you'd like to read it, you can do so HERE







* * * * *