Sunday, January 15, 2012

Making Art

Y'all know that my little guy loves to color, but we've really only painted once (in the backyard with washable paints).  Over the weekend, we headed to Michaels to pick up more supplies (acrylic paints, canvases, and paintbrushes) so we could both get in on the action.  I've never painted before, but I was inspired by Jen of Made by Girl to try to create some of my own art for my office at work.  I have the perfect wall for a large abstract painting above my desk.  I was going to have James make it at first, then I decided to not be scared to try it myself.  "Try it, you'll like it!"- I could also be losing my mind since I'm now hearing Gabba Gabba when I type.






Via Cocoa and Hearts
I doubt Jen's studio looks like ours:)




Yeah, we set up shop in the garage (cold outside!) and worked on the floor.  James stepped on my first piece.  We really need easels.  I started playing around just to get the hang of it a little and when I feel more confident, I'll move on to my big canvas.  I'll be sure to show you when it's finished:)



Have y'all tried painting?  I've seen some great work by Natalie and her son (Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers).  I'd love to see yours if you want to leave me a link in the comments.  Let's have a great week!