Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dinner at Our House

Oftentimes dinner at our house is as simple as pizza and a salad.  Lately, I've been throwing together a simple tomato and avocado salad that my cousin-in-law showed me how to assemble.  (He and his sweet wife came and cooked dinner at our house when our family member was sick back in December- how nice is that?!)  They made chili, cornbread, and this salad, and I've been eating it regularly ever since.



The salad is simply a combination of diced tomato, avocado, red onion, a bit of light ranch dressing and a dash of creole seasoning (which I leave out sometimes).  Super easy and delicious.  The only problem I have with this dish is using the avocados before they go bad!









That same night, I made James a pepperoni pizza- one of his favorites.  I use the Boboli pre-made crust, add some jarred marinara, shredded mozzarella, and slices of pepperoni.  I previously bought him an Earth's Best whole grain pizza from their Sesame Street line, so now he always asks for "Elmo Pizza."  





(I also love to order pizza from our favorite pizza place).









Is it weird that James likes pepperoni at two?  He always goes for it first.  But he won't eat the things I associate with most kids, like hot dogs, burgers, or chicken nuggets.









One happy customer!









Mama also ate the leftover pizza.  p.s. my husband didn't starve- he was out of town!  





*********





P.S.  I've gotten so many wonderful comments and questions from you about my pregnancy weight loss journey that I plan to write a follow-up post soon to share my progress with you and how I've been able to (finally) reach my goal!  Thank you so much for sharing your stories in the comments and emails to me.  It makes me feel so much better knowing that we can relate to and encourage each other.  If you are still struggling, you can do it.