Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Table Settings


October has arrived!  Can you believe it?  We are inching toward one of my favorite times of the year and I'm ready for it!  Houston was teased with some cooler weather this weekend, which has me really wishing for temperatures below 80.  I think we're gonna have to wait awhile longer though:( 





This weekend I was thinking of some creative ways to add flair to our autumn table settings, and came up with a few ideas I think you'll like.  I will share the first one with you today, and a few others later in the week.  





Our original Fall table was infused with traditional seasonal colors like rusty orange, gold and amber.  I placed a faux feather in the center of the plate, but wanted to see what else I could do to play with the setting. 








At Michaels, I picked up a few inexpensive packages of goodies for just a few dollars.  Below is how I arranged a couple of tiny eggs, a little bird, and a small nest. I think the result is adorable! 



















I actually like the bird and nest resting on the burnt orange napkin better than on the plate alone.  The colors are so pretty. 















I'll show you some place card ideas later this week and our Fall porch.  I actually found myself listening to Christmas music over the weekend.  I guess I'm already in the holiday spirit!  We'll be picking out James' Halloween costume soon- so far, he's torn between being Superman or a Circus Ringmaster.  





I hope your Monday is off to a great start!





* * * * *