Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Organized Coupons


This post title might be a little misleading because I'm not talking about grocery coupons, I cannot keep track of them at all.  But, what I DO use coupons for all the time is clothes!  In fact, with all the coupons that come in the mail these days, I make a point not to shop unless I have a coupon or discount code.  





The problem was that I didn't have a good system for keeping track of them.  I tried keeping them in my wallet, but the coupons were too many to fit inside a wallet pocket.  Then, I just piled them into this small zippered case, but I would have to search through all of them to get to the one I was looking for.









When I pulled everything out, I realized how many I had (and how many were expired)!











When I was shopping for blog binder supplies, I found a small (7x4 inch) Martha Stewart accordion file that I figured would be perfect for organizing my coupons.  It's small enough to fit inside my purse, but large enough to hold lots of coupons. 














I created customized labels with washi tape and my labeler for the store I shop at most often:  Express, Old Navy, Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, NY & Co, Macy's and Bebe.  Home decor coupons and Target fit in the first pocket, and Banana Republic will go with GAP.  





Now I can see what coupons I have!  I just have to remember to go through them monthly and toss the expired ones.




* * * * *