Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Office Decor Updates


Y'all know that I've been working on a few updates to my home office and I'm thrilled with the difference painting the walls made.  I went with Sherwin Williams Divine White- the same color as our trim and cabinets throughout the house.  It's a fresh, blank canvas.







Feeling like I wanted a more sophisticated look for the room, I am going with mostly black and white, a few pops of color in flowers and in the bookcase, with animal print elements for added flair.  I originally planned to buy a leopard print rug, but ended up moving our cowhide rug up there instead.  I love the look, and think it's more subtle than the leopard rug would have been.  But now, I'm thinking the black drapes are too much, so I've got a grey velvet pair on the way to see if I like them better.  Maybe this weekend we can get around to hanging the new chandelier I got from Home Depot.















I knew I wanted a black lamp and lampshade and completely stumbled upon one at Target (lamp base + drum shade).  And it happened to be part of the Nate Berkus line.  I literally had just a few minutes in the store because I was on my way to a nail appointment.  I didn't even grab a shopping cart because I was only getting "one thing".  Yeah, right:)  I ended up with the NB lamp, a pillow (can't find the link), and picture frame.  Still pretty good if you ask me.  I saw the chevron vase and passed on it, but really like it.  It would look great on top of my bookshelf.  



















I'm also L O V I N G my desk facing against the window!  And having some cute accessories on the desktop is fun too.







Mikasa Chevron cups // Tory Burch paperweight // Dabney Lee calendar






West Elm owl // vase // cup (can't find link, but similar to this) // Fog Linen Work tray





* * * * *