Thursday, May 24, 2012

Luscious Lashes

I'm definitely not a wear-makeup-absolutely-every-time-I-leave-the-house-girl.  But I am a mascara-always-girl.  Usually, on the weekends, if I don't feel like putting on make up, I at least put on mascara.  I feel like it helps me look more awake, and less like I'm 12 years old.



Every time I purchase my mascara from the department store, the salesperson inevitably asks, "Would you like to try the lash primer too?"  No, thanks, just the mascara:)  But after watching my beauty guru tout the benefits of applying lash primer to your lashes before mascara, I decided to give it a try.



My favorite mascara is Estee Lauder "More Than Mascara" in Rich Black.  I think I first tried it in high school when I borrowed it from my very pretty friend Brandy.  I've liked it ever since, even though I've tried other brands over the years.  I like it because the wand has bristles that are very close together with a pointy end.



After purchasing the lash primer, I have to admit- I love it!  I think it actually does make a difference in how full and thick my lashes look.









So now, my makeup routine includes curling my lashes (with a Revlon lash curler), putting on the primer, waiting a minute or two, then applying mascara.  (I know some people curl their lashes after applying the primer/mascara, but I always curl mine first.) 









The primer goes on kind of white, but dries clear.









I have found a drug store mascara I like too, and keep this less expensive version in my purse for touch- ups.  It's Maybelline Full 'N Soft.










Do you use a lash primer?  Am I the last one on board with this? What's your favorite mascara?  I like pretty dramatic lashes so I apply several coats, stopping just short of the Tammy Faye look:)










And I also like to airbrush, even though I admit to going a little heavy on this one!  I used PicMonkey (thanks Cassie!) to erase not only the guy in the background, but also my squint lines.  I whitened my teeth and smoothed my skin.  Oh, how I wish my skin was so flawless! 












Hope y'all are having a great week!  Only a couple more days till the long weekend!