Monday, May 14, 2012

My Office Turned Sewing Room

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend.  Ours was pretty relaxing, we headed to the beach with my sis-n-law and her family on Sunday, and it was such a fun time.



When we cleaned out the guest room, one random piece of furniture that needed to be relocated was the black writing desk.  I figured it was perfect for sewing, so I made a place for it in my office.  Now that I've got a specific place for sewing (and I've organized all my fabric and sewing supplies- I'll have to show you soon), I've been sewing more.  Just pillows, but it's a start.









The writing desk (Crate & Barrel) is now where the tall black jewelry stand (that keeps craft supplies) originally was.  You can see I had to move that stand to beside the Expedit bookshelf.  Luckily, it fit perfect. 









I don't have a fancy sewing chair- I'm currently just using a plastic folding chair from WalMart that goes with our party table and chairs.  A ghost chair might be nice there in the future. 









And I finally invested in a cutting mat so I can lay out fabric and cut it with a roller.  I'm terrible at cutting straight lines with scissors, so this works perfectly for me.  














Am I the only one who likes to watch SATC while sewing?? 










If you're interested, you can read more about my office here.