Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vitamix Blender- Worth It?

Some of you who read about my endeavors to cook healthy and get more nutritious food into my ultra picky toddler recommended that I make veggie smoothies.  I read all of the comments and thank you so much for your helpful suggestions.  I really don't know why it hadn't occurred to me before to blend up some veggie smoothies since I buy my son the pre-made ones from the store already.   And I drink protein smoothies myself (just protein powder (usually Lean Body for Her) and skim milk or water).  A couple people swore by their Vitamix Blender, but cautioned that they are an investment.







I went to the Vitamix website last weekend and was surprised to learn that they are over $300.  Are you sure they're worth it? I realized that our regular blender broke a few months ago, so we don't have any type of blender right now, but we do have a food processor.  I would be willing to spend the money if the machine was something that would last for years and we would get a lot of use out of- like our KitchenAid mixer.  But, if there's another brand that works just as well, for less, I'd be interested in hearing about it.  I'm pretty confident that James will eat the veggie smoothies if I start making them for him and that will make me a very happy mama!