Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dining Room Plan

Hi all! I hope you had a lovely and productive weekend.  I was quite busy with a couple of projects, including an advent calendar that I plan to show you this week, and home stuff.  I did get together with my girlfriends and it was so nice to hang out and talk, enjoying the weather and some wine.



Later that day, I went to High Fashion Home to find fabric to make dining room drapes.  For over a year, our sad dining room has had only a table and chairs, no other decor at all.  With the holidays approaching, I'd really like to get this room into shape for when we have family and friends over.  Here is the current state of things:





Remember, I said I was looking for fabric like this?  Well, when I got to the store and found the fabric below (Dwell Studio Vintage Plumes Peacock), I couldn't walk away from it.  Even when the salesperson told me how expensive it was- ug!  I think it will be the perfect punch of color and add interest to the room while still being elegant.  I'm really fond of the colors in the fabric, the blues and gold, and think they'll compliment the colors in our living room.






via
I'm going to have the drapes made so that I don't mess them up myself.  The fabric has a bit of a loose weave that I'm not comfortable trying to sew or no-sew into drapes.



I also ordered a natural fiber rug from Pottery Barn, which should arrive soon.






via
I still need a buffet, perhaps a pair of lamps, and either a large mirror or artwork for the wall.  Still deciding.  But at least some progress has been made!