Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dining Room Progress {Drapes & Mirror}

We've made a little progress on the dining room over the weekend, and although it's not complete, I wanted to show you what we've accomplished so far.  As you recall, we started with this:







The curtains are hung, but they need some work.  I mistakenly gave my seamstress the wrong measurement, so they are too long and need to be hemmed.  I have them tucked under in the photo, so they don't look that bad, but they are actually about 10 inches too long.  Also, I'm going to have her line them (what was I thinking, assuming I could skip this step since they don't cover much of the window?)  




We bought a new mirror for the space too and I'm liking the clean lines.  It's the Reflection Mirror from Z Gallerie (32x48).  I also brought in our console table that was previously in the entryway (musical furniture:)  


I haven't yet decided on a chandelier, but I'm thinking we will be replacing our current one with something that fits the room better.  You can go here to see two that I've been contemplating and I've added the source information.  But, throwing a wrinkle into the mix, now I'm liking this one too!  It was on sale last week, but sadly, not anymore.  Now that we have a mirror, I'm going to keep looking to see what works best. 




The room isn't styled too well yet, but I love the leafy green stems in the vase.  I picked them up at the grocery store.  I was looking for one of those big banana leafs, but couldn't find any.





It's coming along.  And the rug is supposed to arrive tomorrow!  Now I'm pondering: 


*Something on either side of the mirror (sconces??) 
*Art for the other walls 
*Painting the walls 
*Accessories for the console table
*Table linens (runner)
*Pillows for accent chairs 
*Chandelier


Hopefully we'll pull it together in time for the holidays! And speaking of holidays, are you getting excited???