Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dining Room Vintage Botanical Calendar Wall Art

This post has been a long time coming.  A while back, my sweet, sweet friend Stephanie {Cre8ive Designs, Inc.), knowing I'm a big fan of botanical art, mailed me a vintage calendar (from 1965!) that she wasn't using and was thoughtful enough to reach out to me and ask if I'd be interested in it.  When I said, "of course!" she mailed it to me from California!  I was beyond thrilled and so excited to receive it and see the gorgeous images inside that look like beautiful watercolored paintings.





I knew I wanted to hang a grouping of them, but didn't want to spend a fortune on frames, so I went with my $5 WalMart frames without a mat.




I hung them immediately in my dining room, but did a terrible job- they were totally uneven and I grouped all 8 together on a larger wall opposite the window.  They hung that way for months until my husband was kind enough to rehang them perfectly straight for me onto two walls.  He is so good at hanging pictures, curtain rods, etc., but HATES doing it, complains constantly the whole time, and chides me for not being able to do it myself.  I don't mind, because in the end, it looks like this: 




Straight!  








See how unique and pretty the images are?!




And I kept the calendar part exposed because I thought it added great character to the art.




So I have to give a big ole hug to my friend Stephanie.  I'm so glad I am finally getting to share with you how the calendar looks framed and hanging in our dining room.  And I am so touched that she thought of me and cared enough to consider what would look nice in my home.  I really do take the suggestions of readers to heart and often find myself incorporating your opinions into my design process at home.  


And you know how I "met" Stephanie?  When I found her Pantry Makeover, and then, being so impressed with her fabric lined walls, emailed her to ask about how she did it.  She wrote me right back and we quickly started exchanging emails and checking in on each others' blogs.  I actually ended up lining the back of our sitting room shelves with fabric too.  


If you aren't familiar with Stephanie's story or her work, I encourage you to check it out.  You won't be disappointed.  This girl has major talent and, as you now know, a huge heart.