Friday, February 17, 2012

Starburst Mirror (Update to Master Bedroom)

It's a long process, but we are slowly but surely working on turning our master bedroom and sitting area from a dark, cold area into the sanctuary that we want the room to feel like.  I've been trying to lighten up the space and started by replacing our brown leather bed with an upholstered bed.





And in the sitting room, we need to go lighter too.




The sitting room has been totally neglected, except for lining the bookshelves with a silvery paisley fabric.  I haven't even styled the shelves yet!  And the NY bridge photo that was a gift for my husband felt too dark and rectangular for the room.  We need curves.  After pinning this Martha Stewart starburst mirror twice on Pinterest, I figured it was time to buy it!  It was only $35 and it's 30 x 30 inches, available at Home Depot. 






I know starburst mirrors are everywhere, but they were nowhere in my home, and I haven't tired of seeing them.  I think the mirror is a good size for the space and I like how the star of the mirror breaks up all the straight lines of the TV, windows and frames.   




I'm working on replacing the black frames with metallic.  I used two $5 frames from WalMart and kept the original mat.  I have two more that will go where James' photograph is now.  I also need to lower them. (hubby will love more holes in the walls:) 




We are getting there.




I'd love to relocate the leather chairs and replace them with something softer . . .