Thursday, February 16, 2012

Organized Spices (Take Two)

One of the things I've been meaning to tackle for awhile is organizing my spice drawer.  About two years ago, I emptied all my mis-matched spice containers into 4.5 ounce glass containers (from Crate & Barrel) and affixed clear labels to them.  You can see the original post, from July 2010, here.  (Wow, one of my first posts- so funny to look back!).  My spices were prettily displayed on my countertop on a lazy susan and we were getting along very well.





Until I wanted to clear my counter space, and relocated the spice jars to the top drawer near our stove.  Problem was, I couldn't see what the spices were without picking them up.  Kind of a problem.  I saw Martha Stewart's new line of organizational items at Staples over the weekend and picked up some labels.  The small round labels I used for the spice jars fit perfectly, and although it's hard to tell in my photos, they have an aqua border on them.





It's so much better being able to open the door and know what I'm looking at.  And of course I alphabetized them. 




I didn't see how I could feed these labels through the printer, so my handwriting had to do.  I used my all-time-favorite-pen, a fine point sharpie.






The awesome thing about these jars is that the mouth is wide enough to fit a tablespoon into for easy measuring. 






**********