Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Upholstered Bed & Bedding

After about 3 weeks, our upholstered bed arrived from Overstock (Aisling Cream Fabric King Bed) and we ended up pairing it with a duvet cover and shams from Restoration Hardware.  I should actually say "sham" because I got the last one in stock, and had to order the mate, which hasn't yet arrived.



The bed wasn't difficult to assemble, but it took over an hour, and definitely wasn't as easy to put together as our previous bed.  


The headboard is not as tall as I had envisioned (at 43 inches), but I think once we hang something above the bed, it will look much better.  The fabric is a gorgeous cream color that looks like linen, but isn't specified.  The nailhead trim is shiny silver.




Here's a look at the end of the platform.




I am very happy with the duvet (Restoration Hardware Italian 19th C. Medallion Bedding in Pacific- currently on sale).  It's a great weight and comfortable 100% cotton, machine washable (I already washed it).  I found a pale cream sheet set at Target.


We obviously need something above the bed and possibly behind the nightstands.  I'm also considering moving these nightstands to the guest bedroom and getting more appropriate side tables for this room.  The mercury glass lamp is from Home Goods and I made the botanical wall art last year.  






All in all, I'm pleased that this room is finally getting a fresh look!  Also, my sis-n-law told me about these great duvets from Target (only $25 for a King) that are down-alternative and we bought the lightest (least warm) version and it's working out great.  I'm looking forward to adding more decorative touches to the room and will show you soon!