Sunday, February 12, 2012

Laundry Room Update & Repotted Faux Orchid

Wowza, talk about a busy weekend!  I've started planning James' 2nd birthday party, and if you follow me on Pinterest or Twitter, you've probably gathered by now it's going to be an Elmo party:)  I also worked on several projects around the house, cleaned, did laundry, and finished up gifts for teachers/secretary/hubby/baby Valentine's Day gifts.   I didn't make it to Urban Market or the gym, two places I had really high hopes for.  But on to some of the progress around the house . . .



I realized I've never shared our laundry room with you, mainly because there's not much to it- it's a small space with just enough room for the washer, dryer, overhead cabinets, and a nice granite sink.  I hadn't done anything to make it pretty since moving in and decided this weekend to fix it up.  I shopped the house to find a Home Goods mirror ($20), an old potted orchid (Pier One), and some scripture wall plaques that my best friend gave me years ago.





And after adding the decorative touches:




I repotted the faux orchid that I purchased ages ago at Pier One.  It originally came in a taupe/brown colored clay pot that I spray painted white during a white-obsessed phase a few years back.  During the holidays, I bought a shiny silver pot at Crate & Barrel, but never got around to doing anything with it.  I like the bigger size and color of the CB pot and ended up repotting my orchid.  














Adding a mirror, some art, and a faux plant really makes the room much more welcoming.  And don't we need some welcoming when doing laundry??  




Hope y'all have a great week!