Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Favorite (Smaller) Living Room

I can't get this living room out of my mind.  It's a beautiful mix of masculine and feminine, a neutral color palette with great texture and personality.  The gallery wall is interesting and, if you can pull off a white sofa, go for it!  I've got a little toddler eating and getting grubby on the couch so it's probably not happening here- although I have a friend who loves her white slipcovered sofas even with her own two little kids.  











I'm also crazy over the black-rimmed windows devoid of drapes- such great light.  And that convex mirror!  The tiniest hint of blush pink in the pillow, vase and book adds a girlie touch too. 










This living room was designed and styled by Crystal Gentilello.  You can go here to see more of her work.





I felt this room showcases how stylishly you can live in a smaller space.  It seems that the ceilings are rather tall, which definitely opens up the room.  





So tell me, are you living large or rockin' a smaller space?  





If you follow me on Instagram (@honeywerehome), you saw me browsing Domino's issue dedicated to small spaces.  It's full of pictures and practical storage solutions.













* * * * *