Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chocolate Protein Brownies








I posted this protein brownie recipe on Honey We're Healthy awhile ago and it's been such a hit, that I wanted to share it here too.  I make these all the time and eat them as snacks and my son loves them too.  The consistency is actually more like a cake, but you don't have to feel guilty about eating this cake.  The recipe comes from Jamie Eason and I put in italics how I tweaked it.  





Ingredients


  • 1 cup Oat Flour (I ground oats finely in a food processor)

  • 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used chocolate protein powder)

  • ½ tsp Baking Soda

  • ¼ tsp Salt

  • 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa 

  • 4 Egg Whites

  • ½ cup Splenda (I leave out the sugar and add 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips)

  • 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food (I used 8oz applesauce)

  • 4oz Water



Directions





  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  • Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.

  • Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, applesauce, water) together in a medium sized bowl.

  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.

  • Spray cooking dish (I used an 8x8 glass pan) with a non stick butter spray or olive oil spray and add batter to dish.

  • Bake for about 25-30 minutes






Nutrition


2 Bars = Calories 96;  Fat 1.4 g; Carbs 12 g;  Protein 10 g




I store mine in the fridge.  Hope you like!!






* * * * *