Monday, April 29, 2013

Impromptu Picnic

This weekend, in between thunderstorms, we had a pocketful of really nice weather.  The kind of mild weather that is perfect for an impromptu picnic, and just the excuse I needed to bust out my new picnic basket I found at HomeGoods.   They are designed by Cynthia Rowley and come is several different colors and patterns.









The padded handle is nice and inside, they are insulated.  I was able to fit a small cutting board, 4 tupperware containers, 2 boxes of crackers, a juice box, hand towel and ice bag. 










A small pocket on the outside is great for napkins and cutlery. 










You don't need to get all fancy for a picnic, just a few light snacks are perfect.  




















I showed my son that, on a picnic, you can take off your shoes and enjoy bare feet:) 















But then he was off to the playground. 


















Have you enjoyed a picnic lately?  Next time I'm bringing the wine.