Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gray Built-In Bookshelves


Joni, of Cote de Texas, is famous for bring us gorgeous home tours and I came across this West University home she featured back in December 2009, as decorated by Sally Wheat.  Although the entire home is beautiful, what really caught my attention was the gray built-in bookcases in the family room.  Ms. Wheat is definitely ahead of the trends as gray is as relevant as ever, four years later. 
















I scoured the entire post for the name of the paint color and found that Joni graciously shared it in the comments. 









Here's another darker gray built-in from Home & Design.











Laura at Bright, Bold, and Beautiful featured a home office remodel by Niki and Bradely Davidson that has the same dark gray built-in look.











I'm in love with just about every design from M.E. Beck Design, Inc. including her use of dark gray in this living room.











All of this gorgeous gray is making me want to paint our living room media cabinet/bookshelves gray.  Here's what they look like now.  Who has photoshop and can give me a rendering?? :) 










I painted a white door gray and love the look, so I'm thinking I'd love the look in the living room too.  It's more interesting and dramatic. 









I'm just not sure how dark I want to go.  The door is painted Urbane Bronze by Sherwin Williams.  





What medium to dark gray paint do you like?  I'd love to hear.