Friday, July 5, 2013

Home Tour Gorgeousness // Simply Modern Home


I hope y'all are enjoying a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  I've got some weekend home inspiration for you courtesy of Susan from the blog Simply Modern Home.  She's a wife and mom to two kiddos and it's no surprise that she is a designer because her home is so beautifully and tastefully decorated.  Her blog title is truly representative of her design style.  I love how she artfully chooses just a few specific pieces and pulls them all together to create a gorgeous and inviting space.  Can I come over?!





For instance, check out this dining room.  I die over that chandelier -- lucite l.o.v.e.










The rug is perfection in color, pattern, and size.   I bet her family enjoys a lot of meals together here. 









I really like how she used yellow in her son's room with a nailhead, upholstered bed. It's not just for grown-ups!  And this decor is accessible for everyone- a West Elm duvet and pillow (both on sale right now!).  









And how lovely is her daughter's room?!  I would have loved to have that blossoming tree in my room when I was a kid, and again with the headboard!  Beautiful!









Such a fun, well put together bathroom.  I dig the soothing gray and pops of yellow.  Adding that tiny bit of black in the towels really works too.  I have that same paper mache deer in my son's room:)









I'm definitely a fan of a bar cart or well-styled bar tray.  Can we talk about that gold/glass shaker and tray?!









Adore this little vignette too. Those cheerful tulips are a favorite of mine- I think I need a vase in that shape. 









I know this is just a tease of all the gorgeousness in Susan's home, but check out her blog for more pictures.  If you are interested in her design services, you can email her at simplymodernhome@gmail.com or if you're lucky enough to live in the Boston area, you can work with her in person! You can take a peek at some of her designs HERE.  









* * * * *