Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Serenity Now & Haven Blog Conference

I have much love and respect for Amanda, the blogger who writes Serenity Now blog.  She was one of the first bloggers I developed a friendship with, and even though it was via the internet through her thoughtful comments and emails encouraging this new mom, I have since considered her a friend.  Amanda was the first blogger to ask me to guest post on her blog! and while she is out of town, I'm happy to guest post on her blog again!  I'm sure she'd appreciate you stopping by for a visit.  :)  I posted an easy and healthy summer recipe from Honey We're Healthy, Quinoa Caprese Salad.









Speaking of blogging and relationships, I am very disappointed that I will not be attending the Haven Blog Conference as planned.  I need to be home with my family and I feel good about this decision, even though it means missing out on getting to connect face-to-face with people I was REALLY looking forward to spending time with.  Online relationships are still relationships, but nothing beats getting together with friends in person and connecting on a more personal level.  I have to thank Cassie, Courtney, and Carmel for being so gracious and taking on my speaking role on our social media panel. They completely support me and it makes my heart melt.  The Haven organizers (Beth, Chris, Rhoda, Sarah, and Traci) have also been so kind to send personal notes of prayers and support.  It makes me want to hug their necks even more.  But, there's always next year. :)





I continue to appreciate your prayers for my family as we deal with my dad's illness.  I know God hears those prayers even if you haven't been able to comment to tell me you are praying.   I feel the peace and comfort through that.  We are enjoying time together right now and that is what matters most.  All things considered, he is doing pretty well.  I love these people.










* * * * *