Sunday, July 14, 2013

Washi Tape Bookshelf

Can I just say that I am truly grateful for the love and support I felt from your prayers and warm wishes for my dad over the weekend.  Even if you did not comment, I still felt lifted up and appreciate so very much that you took a minute out of your day to pray for my family.  I normally don't post the not-too-pretty side of life since my blog is my "happy place" but this was just too important not to reach out.  My family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts.  We got a chance to have a nice visit this weekend and it was good to just be together.



At home, I dove into a major toy organization overhaul and then didn't have any energy left over for much else.  I did add a bit of easy pretty to my office (James' room too- just didn't photograph his yet).  Check this happiness out.







I swear sometimes it really is the little things.  I unwrapped a new roll of washi tape and was delighted by the bright, colorful pattern and immediately thought, I need to see this sunshine everyday!  So I pulled a big ole strip across my bookshelf.



And then I added a pink and white chevron patterned tape . . .







Little polka dots . . .







And big polka dots. . . (and yes that is a SATC trivia game.  I rock at it too.)







What about this floral tape?!









The cool thing is, washi tape pulls off easily without any damage.  If you get it crooked, just peel it up and restick it. 


















This is a project that is fun for the whole family.  Look closely at the bottom left-hand side of the bookshelf.  James was helping.  





He was all, "I want some tape too."  I'm not gonna lie.  I gave him some plain old masking tape.  He looked at me like really?? and I felt ridiculous.  Then I let him have the "good tape."  










To see what else I've done with washi tape, go HERE.





To see how I covered some of those books with fabric, go HERE.





To see how I lined the back of my bookshelf, go HERE





Have a great week friends!





* * * * *